Friday, June 17, 2011

I Read, Now I Blog

I’ve been following and reading a variety of blogs for the past 6 months or so.  I feel ready to join the blogging world, I hope the blogging world is ready for me.
I turned 29 about a week ago. I asked the husband to get me a sewing machine for my birthday about 2 or so weeks prior to my birthday. And to my surprise, he did some research. About a week before my birthday he asked me if I wanted computerized or embroidery? I wasn’t even sure myself, so I did a little research and asked him to get me the Brothers CS6000i. We came home after Chuck E. Cheese and saw a fairly large box from Amazon. It was indeed the sewing machine, my 29th birthday present from Lubber.
So far I’ve opened the box and started reading the manual. I’ve also been reading blogs and doing research about sewing for beginners. I feel ready to just dive into sewing. I want to sew matching dresses for Edyn and myself. I want to sew a cute summer tote. I want to sew Sylas a spiderman costume. I am ready to just SEW! But in reality, I have no idea how to work a sewing a machine.  What I really need to do is spend some time to get to know this new “brother” of mine.
Not sure what my first sewing project is yet, but I read in a blog today that I should sew a straight line first. It’s important to get a feel of how my “brother” can sew a straight line. Sounds so simple and I am sure it will be simple to do. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment